Legality of S. terrestris

Nat1

Is it legal to buy Salamandra terrestris in DE, and bring to NL? Which of the two legal forms do I need to do this? After subsequent generations of S. terrestris have been born, is it legal to sell those in NL? Is it legal to sell those offspring of original purchase in DE and other EU member countries? Thank you in advance; I find all these legalities very confusing. :P

joost.v.wijk

NL is the only country where all (sub)species of Salamandra salamandra are illegal to keep.

C. ensicauda popei (Akajima eiland)
C. ensicauda popei (kustgebied Z-Okinawa)
C. ensicauda ensicauda (Amami-Oshima)
H. orientalis
L. laoensis

Nat1

Gosh, our bad luck, Joost! I'm moving :(! Is there a comprehensive list on this website of everything legal?

Kenny

Citaat van: Nat1 op december 10, 2012, 11:20:22 AM
Gosh, our bad luck, Joost! I'm moving :(! Is there a comprehensive list on this website of everything legal?

It's simple, every native newt/salamander incl. it's subspecies are illegal. So no L.helveticus, no L.vulgaris, no T.cristatus, no I. alpestris and no S.salamandra
De salamandervereniging promoot het gebruik van je eigen (voor)naam op het forum, nicknames zien we minder graag.

Niels D

Enough beautiful species left if you ask me.  ;)
Paramesotriton deloustali/Pseudotriton ruber schenckii/Siren lacertina/Laotriton laoensis/Tylototriton Yangi/Paramesotriton sp "Roter Warzenmolch"/Paramesotriton chinensis/Paramesotriton guanxiensis/Triturus macedonicus (Metsovo)/Tylototriton verrucosus/Cynops ensicauda popei (South Okinawa)/Triturus dobrobicus (Orth an der Donau)/Triturus karelinii (Katech)/Cynops orientalis/Pleurodeles waltl

Nat1

Citaat van: Kenny op december 10, 2012, 07:40:27 PM
Citaat van: Nat1 op december 10, 2012, 11:20:22 AM

It's simple, every native newt/salamander incl. it's subspecies are illegal. So no L.helveticus, no L.vulgaris, no T.cristatus, no I. alpestris and no S.salamandra

So it's not Salamandra terrestris, but Salamandra salamandra terrestris. And T. marmoratus isn't a subspecies of T.cristatus so it's ok? And everything else is alright?

Roy van Grunsven

For a lot of European species you need to have to have papers to show they are not wild caught. But this is not complicated. The person you buy them from can help you.
Salamandra salamandra is simply illegal to keep in NL, no amount off paperwork can help that.