Kinds of cooling methods in summer time??

Fer xD

well, i was thinking about some cooling methods, but no good idea came up to mi mind, i have read something, but perhaps the experienced community has better ideas.

Preferently i was looking for a method that avoid the fridge, cause i haven't one specially for them :)

The problem here in Argentina is the hottest summer weeks, and including that i have less time to my newts i'm a bit forced to prepare them to summer (we're starting spring now.)

write down ideas please  hahaha

Fer

Hugo

Hey Fer,

I am not sure i have THE solution for you.

What i do for the hottest months, i place bottles of frozen water in the tanks, every day.
Do some waterchanges to!

There isn't much you can do i suppose!
For a climate like yours i think the fridge is a "good" solution!

Good luck!

Fer xD

thanks buddy, i use to do that in acuatic tanks, but if i'm out few days the ice is over and i'm in a hurry xD.

thanks hug:) talk soon!

robkeulers

a second-hand airco can do wonders!

My garage would get terribly hot in summer, but now I used the airco and temps are fine...

I made the movie some months ago, but never placed the link from youtube here, so here it is.
It's strange to hear your own voice, but also in English??? AARGH!

naeff002

it's a very good video, where can you get these mats. At the better aquarium specialty stores or something
Kevin Naeff

Tylototriton, Ommatotriton, Triturus, Neurergus

robkeulers

The mats are just filtration mats for koi-pools.

This method works for most land-dwelling species. The big advantage is that the soil will not get contaminated with nitrates soon. I know someone who has this setup and only changes bark once a year.
When you use dirt in your tanks with salamandra, they often get skinproblems because of poor hygiene.

But Hey! going way off-topic here! when you have more questions about this method, please make a new topic for it.

Fer xD

hi rob, yes i have seen this video, we have talked about the air in the substrate in this set up too xD.

I'll look for some prices then , perhaps i'll buy an airco :) That's the simply way but firt of all i ought to order all the set ups in an only room  hahaha

Fer xD

thanks for reply :) yes, the problem with the airco is that's my fathers don't like to do a hole in the wall xD, and that all set ups are in more than one room. I'm saving to buy some kind of portable airco and make a good newtroom :D.

I have installed some coolers ( this from computer accesoriesm, and temp get 2 or 3° lower ;)