Nieuws:

Dit is een backup van het oude forum, bedoeld als naslagwerk.

Some of my urodela

Andy W.

Here some pictures from my Urodela :

juvenile Salamandra s. terrestris

Triturus cristatus male

Mesotriton alpestris couple

Salamandra s. terrestris, adult females

Mesotriton alpestris female

Salamandra s. salamandra adult female

juvenile Triturus carnifex female

Greetings, Andy

Coen Deurloo

Nice animals Andy! Your T. cristatus looks more like a T. dobrogicus to me though!

kevin

Nice animals. And Like Coen say`d it also like a T. dobrogicus to me.

Andy W.

Well, thanks a lot....

But, the Triturus cristatus is 100% cristatus and no dobrogicus. It is one out of my own bread  ;D

Greetings, Andy

Coen Deurloo

Andy, I'm 99 percent sure it carries at least T. dobrogicus genes, the resemblance is too big to call it a pure T. cristatus.

See pictures of both species here for reference.

Andy W.

Hi Coen...

I won´t dissapoint you, but I KNOW that it is Cristatus. Up to the beginning of the 80s of last century, it was allowed in Germany to catch Triturus. Well, as a young boy  ;D I did this at Teverner Heide  ::). Don´t worry, all my species are announced since over 20 years at the local Environmental Agency. :) Today, the pool I cought them, doesn´t excist anymore! The pool got eliminated because of these AWACS-planes, which are based here.  :-\
So, as it is one out of this bloodline, it is 100% cristatus. Here never would have lived any dobrogicus ;)

Andy

Wouter

It's just a light coloured T. cristatus with a large crest indeed! In the south of this species range, almost all individuals look like these. Don't be fooled by the colour, you can see from the short body shape that this cannot be T. dobrogicus.

Coen Deurloo

Interesting story! Maybe it's the reflection from the flash that makes it look more like a T. dobrogicus, the orange coloration makes him look like one.

Andy W.

Well,

in the next weeks I will get also some T.dobrogicus, than I can compare one with each other ;)

I will post than a photo with both species here at the board ;)

Greetings, Andy

jemull

When i first saw the T.cristatus on your picture i also thought it was a T.dobrogicus. Because my T.dobrogicus male look just like your T.cristatus on the picture. But when i heard about your story, that you say that you caught it in your area. Then it is a bigger chance that it is an T.cristatus.