Interessante 'Ask Me Anything' met Dave Blackburn, amfibieën & reptielen curator

Coen Deurloo

Van Reddit:

CiteerHi—I'm Dave Blackburn, a frog scientist from the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. I've just returned from an expedition to the mountains of Cameroon, where we surveyed endangered populations of amphibians—some of which are found here and nowhere else in the world. Back at the Academy, we're working to develop captive breeding programs to help sustain these creatures, considered to be the "canaries in the coal mine" for the rapidly evolving ecosystems in which they live. When I'm not knee-deep in streams chasing amphibians in Africa, I work on the public floor and in the bowels of one of the world's largest natural history museums.
To learn more about adventures in amphibian conservation, follow me on Twitter @davidcblackburn, check out the Academy's website[1] , or stop by our newest amphibian exhibit "Science is Hopping" here at the Academy in Golden Gate Park.
This AMA is in participation with the Bay Area Science Festival[2] , a 10-day celebration of science and technology in the San Francisco Bay Area. Tonight, we're hosting a special Halloween-themed after hours event at the Academy called Creatures of the NightLife (21+)—come explore the science behind "monsters!"[3]
I'll be back at 1 pm EDt (10 am PDt, 4 pm UTC) to answer questions, AMA!
**Interested to learn more about amphibians? Here are a few good resources: AmphibiaWeb[4] - site with lots of general information about amphibians; Amphibian Species of the World[5] - the go-to site about amphibian taxonomy; Amphibians on the IUCN Red List[6] - find details on conservation assessments; Amphibian Survival Alliance[7] - an alliance of many of the world's leading conservation organizations related to amphibians.

Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/2krwz2/science_ama_series_im_dave_blackburn_curator_of/

(op het moment van schrijven is de A.M.A. nog bezig, je zou dus nog een vraag aan hem kunnen stellen!)